We have one workshop scheduled this summer:
Wednesday June 22 from 6-8 pm at Full Moon Books (at 6th and Garrison in Lakewood).
This 2-hour workshop provides a great overview of the Signing Smart program for:
- expectant parents
- parents with babies too young to start the Signing Smart Play Class series (under 5-6 months)
- caregivers who would like to sign with and/or support signing efforts with the child(ren) they care for
- anyone else interested in signing with hearing infants and toddlers!
Specifically, in the 2 hour workshop, we will:
- Teach you Signing Smart strategies and techniques to easily integrate signing into your everyday life with your children;
- Explain linguistic development and how to recognize and respond to children’s early signs;
- Introduce 30-50 American Sign Language signs;
- Share and discuss numerous video clips of children signing in different contexts;
- Offer a fun, engaging, and interactive session; and
- Help you to develop your personal Signing Smart Start to immediately get started signing with your baby at home.
Please contact Rina at rina AT SigningChild DOT com to schedule a Parent Workshop or register for one that is already scheduled.