Fall 2020 Signing Smart Play Classes will run in your very own living room or den!!
No matter where you live, you can join our Fall play class from September to mid November
Come sign and play with us!
Signing Smart Play Classes, for children 5 months to 2 years, are filled with songs and fun activities to engage both parents and children, as well as loads of developmental information to help you understand how your child learns and acquires language at every age.
Caregivers learn how to integrate ASL signs and Signing Smart strategies into daily life while babies play, interact, and learn. The Play Classes meet weekly for 45 minutes; each week we focus on a different theme, such as food, toys, sports, outdoor signs, or animals.
Classes will be offered beginning Tuesday September 15th and run through Wednesday November 18th, 2020.
- Tuesdays at 10:00 am This Beginner Signing Smart class will be held in person at the JCC at 350 S. Dahlia Street. Please contact Rachel at rwool AT jccdenver DOT org for more information and to register
- Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. This Beginner Signing Smart class will be held via Zoom
- Wednesdays at 10:00 am This Beginner Signing Smart class will be a Hybrid class, with in-person attendance for some families each week at Full Moon Books in Lakewood
- Wednesdays at 11:30 am This TALKING TODDLERS class will be a Hybrid class, with in-person attendance for some families each week at Full Moon Books in Lakewood
- You must have completed the Beginner Signing Smart class before enrolling in the Talking Toddlers class. Ideally, children in the Toddler class will have close to 15 or more signs, and be close to 15 months of age.
First time participants in the Beginner play class series normally receive the Signing Smart for Early Communication Parent Handbook, the Signing Smart ASL Glossary DVD and the Treasure Chest 1: Toys and Signs DVD.
First time participants in the Talking Toddlers play class series normally receive the Signing Smart Intermediate Parent Handbook, the Treasure Chest 2: Signs, Songs and Rhymes CD/DVD set, and a set of flashcards.
The cost for first time students including materials and shipping is $170. The cost without materials is $120.
Returning students who have already taken either the Beginner class or the Talking Toddlers class, and are registering to repeat that same class receive a set of Signing Smart flashcards (either First Signs, Animal Signs, Food Signs, or Year-Round Holiday Signs) with their enrollment.
The cost for returning students in either class is $135.
To register for classes please send funds via PayPal to my email address (rina AT SigningChild DOT com) or email me to get my mailing address to send a check. Be sure to specify which class you are registering for, and please include your child’s name and date of birth.
Normally, I would have PayPal buttons on my website to facilitate registration, but things are so strange and fluid right now, I am not able to keep those updated. My apologies for the inconvenience!
Remember to reach out directly to Rachel at the JCC if you are interested in the Tuesday morning class.
To get more information about our play classes please contact us at rina AT SigningChild DOT com.
To find classes in Colorado locations with other instructors, click here.